Kingston Police is proud to partner with Special Olympics Ontario for the 2023 School Championships coming to Kingston June 6-8. The School Championships will welcome over 800 student athletes from across Ontario to the Limestone City. They will be joined by their coaches, and cheered on in-person and at home by their families and friends.
High-school-aged athletes will be competing in five sports at different venues across the city:
- Basketball – Queen’s University Athletics & Recreation Centre (ARC)
- Bocce – Queen’s University Nixon Field
- Soccer – Queen’s University Tindall Field
- Floor Hockey – Cataraqui Arena
- Track & Field – Invista Centre
Kingston Police and Special Olympics Ontario are thrilled to announce the launch of the Draft an Athlete program. With a combination of personal and business donations, we can help our athletes get to the games and achieve their dreams. Special Olympics Ontario prides itself on removing financial barriers to ensure athletes and their families only need to concentrate on the competition and their positive experience while at the Games, assuming related costs such as transportation, accommodations, meals, and more.
Kingston Police will support the School Championships in every way possible by drafting our own athletes, participating in the Law Enforcement Torch Run to raise funds on June 6, and having both sworn and civilian personnel donate their time over the three days to ensure a safe and successful games.
Please watch and share the video of Acting Chief Scott Fraser promoting the School Championships with local L.C.V.I. athlete, Max Davidson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8pI6F2G4IM
While any amount is greatly appreciated donations of $250 or more to fully draft an athlete will be recognized through:
- Special Olympics Ontario’s social media plan highlighting your donation
- Recognition on the Draft an Athlete website
- Recognition in the Commemorative Championship Program
- Thank you letter and 100% tax receipt
Join us and make a difference in the lives of these incredible athletes!